More about Lead...
of the First Seven Months of a Pilot Lead Project
in St. Louis
Why has the City made so little progress in actually removing lead? With lead poisoning rates 7 to 10 times the national average, shouldn't we declare a Lead Emergency?
Jan Forum on Lead
Special Forum Thursday, April 20
IVORY PERRY & the Struggle for a LEAD FREE St. Louis
* George Lipsitz, Dept. of Black Studies, U of California Santa Barbara
* Daniel Berg, M.D., founder of Health & Environmental Justice, St. Louis
* Kathleen Logan-Smith, Health & Environmental Justice, St. Louis
* Wm. Lacy Clay, U.S. Congressman, District 1
* Patrick Dougherty, Missouri Senate, District 4
* Irene J. Smith, Former St. Louis alderwoman, Ward 1
* Don Fitz, Gateway Green Alliance [moderator]
Celebrate Earth Week by paying tribute to the pioneering work of Ivory Perry. Learn about recent efforts to eradicate lead poisoning in the City of St. Louis and surrounding areas. How can federal, state and local representatives work together to get the job done?
Sponsored by the Gateway Green Alliance, Universal African Peoples Organization, and Health & Environmental Justice, St. Louis and the Missouri Forest Alliance.
For more information call 314-727-8554 or visit the Greens' web site: