Wednesday, March 4, 2009
WHERE: Legacy Books & Cafe, 5249 Delmar (near Union), St. Louis MO 63108
A panel discussion will include:
• Zaki Baruti, Universal African Peoples Organization [Moderator]
• Mary Jo Maroney, Gateway Green Alliance
• David Henry, Alliance for a Livable World
• Ginger Harris, Sierra Club
• Barbara Chicherio*, Green Party
St. Louis officials can find millions of dollars for a sports stadium but cannot find funds to keep buses running. While the rest of the world looks for ways to expand mass transit, cycling and walking, St. Louis becomes more car-dependent than ever.
City officials seem unconcerned with asthma from auto pollution, global warming, oil depletion and the lack of services for anyone without a car. Join us for a discussion of building a truly viable transportation system that helps all the City get to where they need to go.
Sponsored by Gateway Green Alliance and Universal African Peoples Organization. For more information call 314-727-8554 or visit: