Wednesday, Oct 7, 2009
WHERE: Legacy Bookstore and Café, 5249 Delmar (near Union),
St. Louis MO 63108
A panel discussion will include:
• Joyce McCowan, Program Developer, Gateway Greens
• Lynn Parson, St. Louis Public School Librarian
• Heather Buckley, Mother of lead poisoned child
• Jerry Wessels, Lead Inspection Hazard Control Program Manager
• Don Fitz, Gateway Green Alliance [moderator]
What do St. Louis residents think that the City is doing about lead poisoning and housing? Wanting to find out, the Gateway Greens held 13 focus groups between December 2008 and July 2009 that involved 86 City residents.
Each focus group addressed four questions? What do you like about the City’s efforts on lead poisoning? How do you think that the City could improve its lead programs? What do you like about the City’s efforts on housing? How do you think that the City could improve its housing programs?
The panel will discuss what the focus groups said and implications it has for policies of the City of St. Louis.
Sponsored by Gateway Green Alliance and Universal African Peoples Organization. For more information call 314-727-8554 or visit: