WHEN: 7:00 pm,
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
WHERE: Legacy Books & Cafe, 5249 Delmar (near Union), St. Louis MO 63108
A panel discussion will include:
• Don Fitz, Green Party of Missouri
• Julia Lamborn, President, Missourians for Single Payer
• Mimi Signor, Missourians for Single Payer Legislative Committee
• David Arnold, Kucinich for President 2008
• Grady Brown, Organization for Black Struggle [moderator]
A poor country, Cuba, has universal free medical care and a life expectancy of 78.0 years, exactly the same as the US. Yet the US spends 28 times more per person, and 50 million US citizens are uninsured!
Why does the insurance industry have such an iron grip on Washington that the US is alone among overdeveloped countries in refusing to provide medical care to all of its citizens?
The Missouri Universal Health Assurance Act would eliminate HMOs, capitation and other vehicles for profiteering. It would offer dental services, educational loans for health care providers, and a fair, progressive income tax.
Sponsored by Gateway Green Alliance and Universal African Peoples Organization. For more information call 314-727-8554 or visit: